Thursday, September 22, 2011

Kindergarten Info

Dear Parents
We are off to a good start in Kindergarten. This week we learned about letters, Ll, Tt, Ii, Oo and Aa. The students now know the sound and formation of these five letters. In the Kindergarten booklet, near the back, is a sheet demonstrating how the letters should be written. It would be helpful to have you monitor and guide your child to properly write letters at home as we gradually add more letters to the list.

I am sure you have noticed that your child may periodically bring home unfinished paper work. Depending on what the task is, I do not always require completion. It is beneficial for your child to complete the paperwork at home (if you have time to do so) but it is not mandatory. If I need a paper completed and returned to school, I will indicate that on the paper.

The class is building anticipation for the field trip for Friday, September 30th. I am glad many students will be receiving library cards on Friday. If your child does not have a library card and you would like them to have one, then please fill out the yellow card and send it in your child’s red folder by Tuesday.

Thank you to the parents who have volunteered to drive!!! I greatly appreciate your willingness to help. As of now, we have more than enough drivers. You are still welcome to come and help, but I want to let you know that if something comes up and you are unable to drive, we still have enough drivers.
Please e-mail or call if you have any questions or concerns.

I appreciate all your help and support.

Miss Alexander

No comments:

Post a Comment